Tiger Law was one of the first firms to work on a fully flexible basis without being a far-flung network of single-cell consultants and was the first firm (that we can find) in the UK to offer a remote training contract. We make this @#$% work.
Some Tigers are 100% office-based, others are 100% remote and others are a mix of both. We don’t micromanage or prescribe a certain way of working. The Tigers get to choose.
Described by Vanessa as ‘hard-working, ethical, funny, humane and very intelligent‘, the Tigers come from all walks of life.
To join the team:
- You will need to enjoy working as part of an extremely cool team who all want to help you succeed
- You will need to love being treated like a grown-up and really enjoying your job – no micromanagement
- You will need to learn to live without chargeable targets and time recording your sneezes
Head of Family and Private Client
- Are you a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive of at least five years PQE with experience in Family & Private Client law?
- Are you looking for a new role with more flexibility and working in a team who are passionate about providing clients with a personal, friendly and client-focused service?
- Are you itching to spread your business development wings with the support of an innovative firm behind you?
- Then we want to speak to you!
Tiger Law is looking for an experienced Family and Private Client lawyer to join our team as Head of Department.
The right candidate will work day-to-day on Family and Private Client matters as well as overseeing the junior members of the team. You would also support the corporate team with succession planning for our owner-manager clients.
The role can be fully remote or you may want to work partly or fully in our offices which are based in Maidstone and Wye, Kent; we are flexible to suit your needs.
Tiger Law was one of the first firms to work on a fully flexible basis without being a far-flung network of single-cell consultants and probably the first firm in the UK to offer a remote training contract.
- You must enjoy working in a highly motivated team and working together to grow the company.
- You must be comfortable supporting and overseeing those in training.
- You must be motivated and not need micromanaging.
- You will need to learn to live without chargeable targets and time recording your sneezes.
About the job
As the Head of Department the role will include:
- Leading client meetings and shadowing junior members of the team with client meetings when required.
- Managing your own case load for private client files to help manage them and plan for the future of their estates.
- Managing your own case load for family law clients including representation at hearings when required or instructing Counsel where appropriate.
- Providing supervision of files and correspondence and support for your junior colleagues
- Providing ongoing assistance and excellent service to new and existing clients
- Developing new business
- Writing articles
- Keeping up to date on all changes in the law and practice within the areas of work
- Financial control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- Performing work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the company’s quality and risk procedures.
The role is fully employed and you will be remunerated in line with your experience, have no fear.
Please apply to email@example.com. Applications are assessed on a rolling basis.