We have more strings to our bow than a standard law firm – we work hand in hand with our sister company Tiger HR, a full service HR consultancy. This works really well for our clients because we can offer legally privileged formal legal advice when it’s called for at Tiger Law and day to day HR functions on a really cost effective basis to get things shipshape then keep them running.
Between Tiger Law and Tiger HR, we can offer the following and more:
- Reviews of your employment contracts and staff handbooks
- Provide you with up to date employment contracts and missing handbook policies
- Regular updates given how frequently employment law changes !
- Training of your HR staff or providing a complete HR function if you don’t have one
- Change management
- TUPE work on the sale or acquisition of a business
- Settlement agreements and certification where an employment relationship has come to an end
- Advice on IR35 and reviews or provision of contracts for contractors
- Employment Tribunal
When you do need a lawyer onboard for your employment issues, we don’t offer pages of jargon and leave you to pick your options out of it. This isn’t what you need when you’re up against it. What you need is clear, concise advice that isn’t covering our backs but yours: we’ll weight up the pros and cons and help you get to where you need to be.
Unlike HR consultancies, our advice is legally privileged and confidential between lawyer and client, HR consultancies cannot say the same and we think being able to operate in both of these ways is a real bonus for our clients. We’re one team with one ethos and that’s to make life easier for our owner manager clients.
We also know that your business insurance might have employment expenses cover and we also know how easy it is to void this so that you can’t rely on the cover you paid for. This is as easy as failing to follow the ACAS Code of Conduct to the letter, put one foot wrong and your insurer will refuse to pay. We think some of this is sharp practice but we’re here to help. We work with insurance brokers who are left being unable to help their clients, we can step in and do what the panel solicitors should have done for you.